Friday, November 03, 2006

Rant for the Day

It may just be me, but what's up with people who walk around with Bluetooth Headsets on all the time 24/7? Using them while you have to talk on the phone is OK I guess, but to leave them there ALL the time? Are they supposed to be half man, half robotic communication device? Is the future now?

I just don't get it. This guy at the gym last night had a headset on and was talking on it while he worked out. He was gabbing away for like 30 minutes in between grunts and groans. Would've loved to be on the other end of that conversation.

Of course I don't currently own a Bluetooth headset, but don't expect me to rush out anytime soon. Perhaps it's the whole cell phone reaction of years past. Like when cell phones first came out, and people are all "Who's this joker walking around in public talking on a phone... thinkin' he's all cool and popular".

Perhaps that's the feeling I'm getting right now with Bluetooth headsets, but I just don't think I'm ready for half men half cyborg yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this mean i can't wear my bluetooth headset with my Zubaz pants (i know you're old enough to remember) anymore? i guess my wife will have to pick out my clothes from now on. thanks for saving me.

Anonymous said...

Plus I won't let him get one. :)